Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
- Faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities reasonable accommodations
- Training on ADA, accessibility and disability awareness
- Assistance with planning accessible events (Captioning, etc.)
- University policies and procedures around ADA and disabilities
- General ADA compliance questions
Division of Student Affairs
- Ensuring access for students with disabilities
- Coordinating academic and non-academic accommodations for students (alternative text, etc.)
- Support for instructors
- Universal design for learning
- Disability awareness training and resources
- Planning accessible events (Captioning, etc.)
Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
- Assistance with document accessibility and service providers
- Evaluate websites, web applications, and electronic documents for accessibility
- Loans accessible technologies for evaluation
- Provides evaluations and recommendations for improving and creating a healthy, comfortable workstation.
- Provides support and guidance on procuring accessible technology
- Recommends accessible technologies
The Committee for Persons with Disabilities advises the provost and the Vice Chancellor for Operations on MU programs, services and policies that affect students, faculty, staff, and visitors with disabilities. The Committee also reviews applications for funds related to projects designed to improve the campus experience of persons with disabilities and makes recommendations about the disbursement of these funds.
The purpose of the Mizzou Disability Coalition is to educate on disability as a form of diversity, advocate for accessibility, and facilitate volunteer opportunities. We engage with Mizzou students, faculty, staff, and administration, as well as organizations in the Columbia community to create change and open a forum for enriching dialogue on issues facing the disabled population.