Begin with an Accessible Source Document
PDF accessibility starts with the creation of a new document. The program (or authoring tool) must support the production of an accessible electronic document. Learn how to apply accessibility in the source document using the following programs and verify that the source document meets accessibility requirements before converting to a PDF.
- Make Word Processing Documents Accessible
- Make Presentations Accessible
- Make Spreadsheets Accessible
- Prepare InDesign documents for accessible PDF export
- Create Accessible PDF Forms Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Convert to PDF
MU has a contract with Adobe. You can use Acrobat Pro DC to convert files to PDF, available through Adobe Creative Cloud. You can also use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDF.
Important Note: Do not use “Print to PDF” or scan to PDF.
Check for Accessibility
As you design, develop, or create digital content, always check accessibility.